Guns, Germs, and Steel – Book Review in 3 Minutes or Less (video)
This is a video review of the book Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared M. Diamond (in 3 Minutes or less).
Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared M. Diamond
Short Summary (the video is more detailed).
Why did Europeans come to dominate the world (in particular the Americas)?
- Bio-geographical effects
- Food production
- Abundance or lack of domesticable animals
- Strong influence of disease on history
Is it recommended?
- Basic question is interesting and the book sparked a lot of controversial discussions.
- However partially because people misunderstand it
- It is very repetitive
- The wrong kind of details
- I did not enjoy reading it
- If you really want to read it, listen to the audio book (you will not miss a lot of meaningful visuals)
Recommended Videos by GCP Grey
These are the links to the two videos by GCP Grey that are recommended in the video:
Americapox: The Missing Plague
Zebra vs Horses: Animal Domestication
GGP Grey’s YouTube channel has no particular focus on history but features a wide range on high quality educational videos.
He is supported by crowd funding via Patreon.
Picture / Embedded Video:
- GGP Grey YouTube channel